Friday 9 May 2008

Thursday 8th May

Playing Match points I opened 1NT on hand 4:
The next hand bid an Astro 2D and Adrianne used Lebensohl to make me declarer in 6C. Certainly this is a punt as we could easily have two losers off the top, but there are plenty tricks in the South hand. Anyway, East did not oblige with a spade lead and I was 1 off. Others just settled for 3NT or 5C. However it is unlucky that there was no play for the contract. We have 10 points in diamonds, but only 3 tricks plus I am a complete minimum.

On the next hand Adrianne gets a top being the only one to make 12 tricks:


We had a simple 1S-1NT-3S-4S auction.
Adrianne got a club lead, took two trumps and finessed 10D. Back to hand and finessed QD to discard the heart loser on AD. She will make 12 on any lead by playing the diamonds thus and then leading to the clubs.

I managed a top on board 13.

I couldn’t decide what to open, but plumped for 2NT. Luckily Adrianne responded and we found the heart fit and I played in 4H without any interference. I managed 11 tricks as the opponents didn’t take their spade and I got it away on a club that was ruffed. If you make a more sensible opening of 1C with my hand, then West obviously bids spades and then all sorts of things can happen as was reflected in the scores at the other tables, but no other N/S made game.

No comments: