Tuesday 13 January 2015

Monday 12 January

Playing N/S with Adrianne came third with a Butler score of 19.


Got off to a great start after some amazingly aggressive bidding by Adrianne.
After two passes Adrianne opened 1H, Marilyn bid 2N, I passed and Steve bid 3C.  Adrianne now bid 3H, Marilyn 4C, I bid 4H, Steve 5C, round to me and I doubled.
Adrianne cashed AH, switched to a spade to my Ace and I exited with a club.  Steve cashed three rounds of trumps and just hand to pick up the diamonds for the contract.  Where will the QD be? Adrianne had bid twice, I had passed over 2N, surely the only chance was to drop it doubleton, down 1.





This hand was cruel luck.  Adrianne is in a straightforward looking 4H.  Liz leads AS, now if she cashes the King, Adrianne can ruff a spade and set up the 9 for a diamond discard, but Liz switches unerringly to 9D.
Adrianne covered with the 10, Bill the Jack and she took the Ace.  OK that;s three losers, but just draw trumps for 10 tricks.  Adrianne led small to the King and uh uh, down 1.


No comments: